Incorporation & company secretary
Corporate Management Services
The incorporation & company secretarial services of HKWJ Tax Law & Partners Limited are carried out by its sister company Triple Eight Limited (TEL). TEL can assist clients with comprehensive corporate management services, including but not limited to, company incorporation, bank account opening assistance, corporate director and company secretary assistance. In summary:
- Incorporation/Registration of Hong Kong and offshore companies, including sole proprietorship, partnership and representative office, and assistance with legal structures. For general requirements and procedures of incorporation a company in Hong Kong, please click here.
- Provision of company secretary, correspondence address, fax line and telephone line
- Provision of registered office and registered agent for companies
- Filing of annual return and attending to all statutory documents as required under the Companies Ordinance of Hong Kong
- Filing and advising of changes in the corporate structure
- Provision of corporate and individual directors
- Provision of nominee shareholders
- Provision of business registration search in Hong Kong
- Opening of bank accounts with local banks
- Organising and witnessing required meetings of directors and
shareholders, including preparation of minutes
- Establishment and maintenance of statutory records
- Advising and assisting in dissolution, insolvency, liquidation and the related matters
Please click here for FAQ regarding corporate management services.
Company (De)registration Services
(A) Company registration/incorporation
Establishing a company in Hong Kong is not complicated when compared to other jurisdictions. Nevertheless, TEL can provide the relevant assistance in order to have a smooth and quick set up of a Hong Kong company, which can be less than a week.
In addition to registration services, TEL can provide corporate management services, including but are not limited to the following:
- corporate bank account opening
- company secretarial services including provision of a registered business address
- directorship services
Apart from Hong Kong, TEL can also provide company registration/incorporation services and corporate management services in foreign jurisdictions.
(B) Company deregistration
It is required for a Hong Kong company to go through certain procedures, such as obtaining a Notice of No Objection to a Company being Deregistered from the Hong Kong Inland Revenue Department (IRD), before it can be formally deregistered. TEL can provide the relevant supports with a view to have the company to be deregistered within the shortest time.
We together with TEL can assist in the following:
- preparing the audited financial statements and profits tax filing for all the required years (usually up to the date of cessation of business) and submitting them to the IRD;
- applying and obtaining a Notice of No Objection to a Company being Deregistered with the IRD;
- handling the tax enquiries raised by the IRD, if any;
- preparing the relevant resolutions and required forms for submission to the Hong Kong Companies Registry for applying for deregistration; and
- following up closely with the IRD and the Hong Kong Companies Registry with a view to expedite the process.
(c) Company liquidation
Other than choosing to deregister a company, one can also choose to wind-up the company by members’ voluntary liquidation. A members’ voluntary liquidation is a more thorough process whereby a solvent company, which is capable of settling all of its debts in full, dissolves itself by settling its accounts and liquidate its assets for the purpose of making distribution of the net assets to its members.
We together with TEL can assist in the following:
- making sure that the company’s financial statements are complete and up to date;
- assisting the company with attempt to settle all of its outstanding liabilities and minimise its asset holding in order to expedite the liquidation process;
- assisting with preparing the necessary company documents, such as an extraordinary resolution to be passed by the shareholders; and
- arranging with the appointment of a liquidator.
We understand that a lot of issues are required to be solved for relocation to a new jurisdiction. We can give a hand by assisting in applying and extending a visa, including investment visa, work/employment visa, resident visa and dependent visa, in Hong Kong, Mainland China and other jurisdictions.
TEL can provide tailor-made services with a view to obtain the required visa for clients in the most efficient and effective manner. In particular, based on the fruitful experience and knowledge, TEL shall provide the relevant favourable information and documents to the competent government authorities in order to mitigate the chance of follow-up enquiries or rejection of the application. TEL will also follow up proactively with the government authorities with a hope that the visa can be obtained as early as possible.
Business Fraud Reporting Services
As one may be aware, there have been more and more local/cross-border business frauds in the world. It has been seen that individuals/corporations have been persuaded by fraudsters (through a fake company and/or website) to contribute money for making ‘investments’ or buy ‘things’ through the Internet or other means, which resulted into significant loss of money.
With a view to recover the loss incurred by the victims potentially and fight against the crime, we provide the following services:
- conduct the information and document review and perform a preliminary analysis on whether there is a business fraud involved; and
- assist with reporting the potential business fraud to the Hong Kong Police with a hope that the fraud transactions concerned can be suspended/the bank account of the fraudsters can be frozen.
TEL can assist with the enrollment of Hong Kong’s Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) and corporate support with regards to employees. In summary:
- Assisting with enrollment in MPF and referral of service providers Assisting in drafting of Hong Kong employment contracts and termination notices
- Consultation on labour law in Hong Kong
- Filing of Employer’s Return with IRD
- Application of employment visa
TEL can assist with the application for different types of visas and other relevant services for businesses. In summary:
- Application of Golden visas
- Application of investment visas and capital investment visas
- Application for trademarks and patents
- Provision of re-export certification
- Arranging for notarisation of documents
- Advising on inbound and outbound investment
- Assisting with setting up of Will and Trust
Contact us to learn more:
You are the greatest! I don't know what would have happened to me if I didn't know you.
Is it a silver lining for Hong Kong’s commercial property market?27 November 2020
On 25 November 2020, the Chief Executive, Mrs Carrie Lam, announced in her Policy Address to abolish the Doubled Ad Valorem Stamp Duty (“DSD”) on non-residential property transactions, with effect from 26 November 2020. Accordingly, any chargeable instruments on non-residential property transactions executed on or after 26 November 2020 will be subject to Stamp Duty… read more
Hong Kong as a safe harbor amid the “attack of debt tsunami”25 November 2020
The Institute for International Finance (“IIF”) recently warned of the “attack of the debt tsunami” as a result of the unprecedented fiscal and monetary stimulus packages implemented by governments around the globe pushing the global debt levels to a new high of more than US$ 272 trillion in the third quarter of 2020. The IIF… read more
Is a freelancer considered as carrying on a business in Hong Kong?12 November 2020
Freelancers may see themselves as a causal employee working with different employers without committing his/her full time to them. However, without any relationship of “master and servant”, if the freelancer’s income is derived from providing professional or personal services in Hong Kong, he/she will be considered as carrying on a business and a self-employed person…. read more
Rising concerns for Hong Kong taxes due to covid-1911 November 2020
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, governments have taken unprecedented measures such as implementing strict quarantine requirements and/or travel restrictions. As a result, senior executives who are used to travel frequently may now be forced to stay much longer in a host country than usually or even get stranded there. This situation may raise significant tax… read more